The membership fee is non-refundable unless there are exceptional circumstances. When exceptional circumstances can be shown to exist, the pro rata amount of this year’s membership fee not exceeding 6 months may be refunded at the discretion of the Secretary Treasurer. Refund of membership fees shall incur an administration fee of 50.00 CHF which shall automatically be deducted from the amount of the refund.
A member may apply for a refund in the case of financial hardship or due to a change in personal circumstances or career change. Exceptional Circumstances do not include the taking of sabbaticals and/or extended service leave. A partner or spouse may apply for a refund within the guidelines of this policy if the death of the members occurs during this year’s membership period.
Where an error has been made by the IADDM or a banking facility which results in an overpayment being made, the Secretary Treasurer may, in consultation with the member, refund by either a credit of the overpayment to the membership. When a member is responsible for the overpayment, the amount will be credited to the membership.
Transfer of IADDM Membership
Personal and Institution memberships are not transferable.
Additional Costs can be incurred during the processing of the IADDM Membership Fees. The member will be responsible for all unexpected costs incurred by the IADDM incurred in the processing of membership fees. Such costs include (but are not limited to) bank charges made as a result of insufficient funds, credit limit exceeded or accounts having been closed.
Changes in Work Status
No facility exists to reduce membership fees during the current membership period in relation to a transfer or a change in status. In all circumstances membership will be charged at the prescribed rates. It is the responsibility of members to notify the IADDM of any changes to their membership status. In the event that this fails to happen, no refunds will be given.
Membership Refund/Cancellation Policy
The IADDM reserves the right to refuse/cancel a membership of the IADDM. If the IADDM refuses a new or renewing membership, registrants will be offered a refund.
Membership Cancellation by Participant
- Membership cancellations received within 14 days of registration may be eligible to receive a full refund less 50.00 CHF service fee.
- Cancellations received after the stated deadline will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations will be accepted via phone, fax or e-mail, and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
- All benefits and incentives received by the participant must be cancelled/returned to the IADDM.
- All refund requests must be made by the attendee or credit card holder.
- Refund requests must include the name of the attendee and/or transaction number.
- Refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment.
These above policies apply to all IADDM membership fees unless otherwise noted in the corresponding program materials. Please read all individual program information thoroughly.
This document was last updated on November 15, 2014